Saturday, June 30, 2018

Surrender To His Lead


We are privileged to have guest devotion blog writers during the summer. Enjoy hearing from Leslie Schonfeld today!
His Word: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.  Lamentations 3:22-23 (NLT)
Observation & Obedience: Such a familiar verse. There is no end to God’s love. In him is an eternal source of mercy. Love and mercy are tied together with faithfulness. We can count on this as fact. Yet, most of us take it for granted. We don’t recognize it in our day to day lives. 
This became real to me when I miscarried in 2002. Each morning I awoke refreshed and then devastated as I remembered my loss. Bewildered by these events, I often thought I can’t believe this has happened to me. It was as if I couldn’t catch my balance. Everything felt off. 
Quiet time with the Lord helped. In some moments, the Holy Spirit’s comfort was palatable. Yet the pain and uncertainty persisted. This is when Jesus acted through people; friends who came and shared little acts of kindness. They played with my kids, brought over meals, and did housework. Most importantly they listened as I processed through my circumstance. Even when I was angry and self-focused, they did not judge. They were tangible evidence of God’s love, mercy, and faithfulness. 
This is how I want to live my life. Like my friends who cared for me when I was in pain. Our imperfection does not allow us to be endless in our love for others but we can be a conduit for Jesus to move. Surrendered to His lead, we will see the needs of others and move.  
Not only can we proclaim God’s love we can emit God’s love. We tap into his limitless resource which fills us. It fills us until we overflow. Jesus said in John 7:38 NLT “Anyone who believes come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’” Fill us up with your living water, Lord. I want to be so full that I splash all over the people I meet. How about you?
Prayer: “Thank you Lord that you have an unending supply of love, mercy, and faithfulness. You show us the perfect way to share these gifts. Thank you for pouring them out on us through your living water. We surrender Lord, to your lead and ask that you show us when to tap into you and pour out on others. Thanks for leading us Jesus. Amen.”
Encouragement: “God of mercy, sweet love of mine, I have surrendered to your design. May this offering stretch across the skies and these hallelujahs be multiplied.”   Need To Breathe, Multiplied
Written by Leslie Schonfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment