Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Because You Are

His Word: Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.  Luke 12:7
Observation & Obedience: Do you notice the command in the middle of this verse? Don’t be afraid. If God knows the very number of hairs on our head, why should we even worry that he’s not aware of all the BIG things going on in our life? What we may consider an impossible task, God sees it as another way to demonstrate how much he loves us and considers us worthy of his attention and protection; because we are!
Author, Randy Alcorn, gives good advice for those times when we don’t feel God’s protection; days when we think we’ve been left alone and are not worthy of anyone’s love. “Some days no one but God has the right words. Nothing I can say stacks up against what follows. Read, believe and thank God that even when we don’t sense His presence, He’s with us and at work in a thousand ways we can’t see. But our failure to see is not the same as His failing to be present and to be working together all things for our good (Romans 8:28).
I suggest you read each of these verses aloud. Or, stop on one that really speaks to you and read and reread it aloud. Meditate on it, memorize it, and let God speak to your heart as only He can. These are the very words of God. Shut out all the rest of the voices in the world-TV, radio, magazines, books, internet, email, social media-and listen to His voice alone. 
Jesus said, “My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. So no one can take them from me. The Father and I are one.” (John 10:27-30, NLT).
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. (Isaiah 12:2)
Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. (Isaiah 49:13)
[Jesus said] Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” (Hebrews 13:5-6)
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)”
Prayer: Read your favorite verse(s) back to God as a prayer of confirmation of his love, attention and protection. 
Encouragement: You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are.   Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment